Monday, January 13, 2014

Distractions and Excuses.


  • I have too much to do.
  • I'm too tried and I didn't get enough sleep.
  • I'm too caught up in something right now.
  • I don't have enough time today.
  • I'm taking a break.
The list goes on and on...

What is the real reason we choose to ignore our art for other pursuits?

Should Karate be the most important thing in our lives? No.
I don't even expect it to reach #5 on your list of priorities.  

I hear people every day say things like "I'm way too busy" or "my life is so hectic".  In some cases I know that's true.  For the most part though, it's an illusion.  Life filled with clutter and mess.  We murder our time with things as mundane as television, cellphone apps, pop culture, politics.

Get your stuff together.

No one can train for you.
Most importantly no one can train like you.  Take pride in that.

And get to work.

"So this leads us to the conclusion that all authentic karateka should be working toward a certain standard that the past Karate masters have left us. This is our legacy..."
-Richard Barrett Sensei, Shinsokai.com

No comments:

Post a Comment